jankovic.law is a full-service law office focused on Intellectual Property and IT Law with complimentary Commercial, Corporate, and Banking Law support.
It was founded by Ilija Jankovic, B.Sc.E.E., BSL, Attorney at Law and registered Patent & Trademark Attorney with significant experience in a well-established IP law firm with an international profile. His intent was to put his capabilities into use in serving a new generation of clients having different styles and needs in these fast-evolving sectors. Our goal is to keep up the pace with the ever-changing legal landscape and always be one step ahead for our clients.
Our team of associates aspires to cover each area of the law with individual expertise, so we could provide in-depth knowledge of the relevant field, while as a team, we still maintain a broad overview of the legal landscape.
Having a technical background, we understand clients' need for an advice to be delivered in a direct, no-nonsense manner and we pride ourselves in offering just that. We strive to be concise and on point, while still offering a comprehensive overview of the legal problem, potential risks and obstacles, and the best course of action.
“Each day we go to our work in the hope of discovering,—in the hope that someone, no matter who, may find a solution of one of the pending great problems,—and each succeeding day we return to our task with renewed ardor." - Nikola Tesla
We can help you with prosecution, litigation, enforcement, transfer and licensing of patents, trademarks, designs, copyrights, topographies of integrated circuits, plant varieties, and other intellectual property rights by:
- Conducting searches for earlier rights and offering advice on availability, freedom to use, protection and branding strategies.
- Drafting, filing, and prosecuting applications for protection of IP rights at the national, regional (European Union Intellectual Property Office and European Patent Office), and international level.
- Tending to the maintenance of these rights through monitoring and payment of renewal and annuity fees.
- Recording assignment, licenses, and other changes in ownership of these rights.
- Handling opposition and cancellation proceedings as well as IP litigation, cease-and-desist letters, and prelitigation negotiations.
- Fighting infringement of your IP rights and making sure you avoid infringement of others' IP rights.
- Handling negotiations and meditation, and drafting settlement agreements in case of such conflicts.
- Working with customs authorities and market inspectorates to ensure seizure of counterfeit goods.
- Conducting market investigations for obtaining evidence of use or infringement.
Information technology law or cyberlaw encompasses aspects of traditional areas of law such as contract law, intellectual property, privacy and data protection laws, etc. Some other legal areas in this field, such as cryptocurrency regulation, are just emerging. The dynamic environment present in the IT sector is mirrored in its regulation and we are here so our clients don't have to fight on both of these fronts.
We help startups and new ventures emerge by drafting founders' and incorporation agreements, employment contracts, NDAs, and other commercial agreements. We handle company registration proceedings and offer tax advisory. As you grow, we handle capital increases, mergers, and acquisitions and in the end, help you ensure the best possible exit from your startup. While you do your magic, we take care of software licensing and software development agreements, support and maintenance agreements, outsourcing and work-for-hire contracts, etc..
We keep you up-to-date with legal aspects of blockchain and cryptocurrency technology and help with ICO and digital asset service licensing.
Commercial, Corporate, and Banking Services
All legal issues of the cybersphere also exist in the real world, so we tackle them there as well. In this field we deal with:
- Negotiating and drafting different types of commercial agreements - sale, distribution, licensing, franchising, service agreements, employment contracts and by-laws, management agreements, etc.
- Public procurement and state aid proceedings.
- Media and advertising disputes.
- Unfair competition.
- Labor and immigration issues.
- Tending to clients' private equity and real estate.
- Incorporation of different types of commercial undertakings, institutions and citizens associations.
- Mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, and competition laws.
- Company reorganization, restructuring, insolvency, bankruptcy, and liquidation.
- Legal issues relating to banking securities, commercial loans, international loans, non-performing loans (NPL) transfers and acquisitions.
- Advising on securities offering and capital raising transactions.
- Regulatory requirements, compliance, and performing due diligence in all mentioned sectors.
Our international profile enables us to help protect our foreign client's rights in Eastern Europe and the post-Soviet states through a network of affiliated offices.
On the other hand, having established cooperation with offices throughout the world, we can offer our domestic clients legal support in any jurisdiction abroad.
Albania Bosnia & Herzegovina Bulgaria Croatia Kosovo* Montenegro North Macedonia Serbia Czech Republic Estonia Hungary Latvia Lithuania Poland Romania Slovakia Slovenia Armenia Azerbaijan Belarus Georgia Kazakhstan Kyrgyzstan Moldova Russia Tajikistan Turkmenistan Ukraine Uzbekistan